RVA Wilderness Camp
Rift Valley Adventures Ltd. (RVA) is Kenya’s premier Outdoor Activity and Adventure company, based in the Mt. Kenya and Laikipia region of Kenya. In 2011, the managing director Nicholas Miller set up Ol Pejeta Wilderness Camp in a neat corner of the Ol Pejeta Conservancy where elephant, giraffe and gazelles casually sauntering past the spectacular views across the conservancy to the Aberdares National Park.
From the new camp Rift Valley Adventures operates adventure safaris including Mt. Kenya treks where RVA is responsible for more clients climbing Mt. Kenya than any other company. Mountain biking, rockclimbing, canyoning, abseiling, surfing, canoeing, sea kayaking, corporate adventure training, high and low ropes courses are all serviced by RVA staff directly.
The camp caters for larger groups such as schools, corporate training and conference groups or larger organized family groups and takes them on wind in your face, adrenaline filled adventures across Ol Pejeta and other pristine wilderness areas of Laikipia.
The camp consists of 16 spacious tents that are easily adjustable to fit 2 or 10 people at a time with capacity up to 150 people at any given time! Also on site is a large open living area with a mounted with Wifi and satellite DSTV, conference room, a spacious dining hall and outside seating around an open fire pit, barbeque facility and pizza oven, bar, volleyball court, football net, swimming pool, bike skills course, low and high ropes course and rock climbing wall.
- Mountain Biking Safari –1/2 day on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, to full day Mt. Kenya singletrack and week Laikipia long trips
- Adventure safaris
- Private Mount Kenya treks
- Canyoning in Ngare Ndare Forest
- Rock Climbing and Abseiling - we also run Certified Rock Climbing Courses
- White Water Rafting and Kayaking on the Ewaso Nyiro River
- Paragliding on Mt. Kenya (tandem and courses)
- High & low ropes course
- Community service and conservation projects
- Educational field trips
- Certified First Aid Training Courses
- Corporate Adventure Training and Team Building Exercises
- Safaris on Ol Pejeta including visits to Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Morani Information Centre