Are you looking for a weekend away from Nairobi? Do you want to come to a wildlife Conservancy and not stay at a lodge or a hotel? The Ol Pejeta Conservancy has the perfect solution for you. Come stay at the self-catering Pelican House.
Pelican House is a thatched upcountry cottage. It has an open plan living and dining room with a huge fireplace, and a separate equipped kitchen. Three bedrooms of which two open onto a covered veranda and a wooden deck extends out towards the dam and extensive views. Electricity comes from a quiet generator. There is house and garden staff available and security is provided. The grounds are maintained, a lawn and colourful gardens, surrounded by the natural bush.
As a safe and secure private sanctuary, the Ol Pejeta Conservancy can guarantee a hassle-free safari experience with amazing wildlife viewing on good all-weather roads. Ol Pejeta’s main gate is 14 kilometers from the equator turn off, just before Nanyuki town. Follow the signs. Pelican House is 8k further inside the Conservancy, ask the Guards.
Visitors to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy will pay a conservation fee for each day spent inside the Conservancy which includes a visit to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary, the Morani Information Centre and a visit to our tame rhino, Baraka. To find out more about other activities (and any additional cost) on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, click here.
Pelican House is exclusively designed to support Ol Pejeta’s Community Development Programmes. Thus while a visit to a world class conservation entity is an experience in itself – to which Pelican House is of notable regard – every shilling spent at the house goes to assist our community neighbours.
For more information on how to book Pelican House, please contact Sarah Vigne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three bedrooms each with a king size bed and soft duvets
- Two washrooms and one half bathrooms with oversize bathtubs and a small powder room
- Spacious living and dining room with sofas and large stone fireplace
- Cedar dining table with ten seats
- Writing tables under the windows facing Mount Kenya
- Traditional thatched roof overhead
- Four additional single beds are available
- Fridge / freezer available, as well as gas cooker
- Arrival time is 3pm and departure time is 10am, unless prior arrangement is made
- Please note that Pelican House is only accessible by 4WD vehicles during the rainy season
While staying in Pelican House the staff will promptly cater to your daily needs. The house staff includes housekeeping, someone to assist with cooking, a grounds keeper and night watchman. The house is rented as self catering. Included in the price of your stay is:
- Bedding and towels are freshly laundered and provided free of charge
- Electricity and hot water are included
- Boiled and filtered drinking water is included
Pelican House is available for weekend, weekly and longer rental. The current rate is 29,000 KSh per diem for self-catered cottage (includes VAT and laundry). Please e-mail us for details. All profits from renting the house go directly into the Ol Pejeta Conservancy's Community Development Programme.
Many children have stayed at Pelican House, some for extended periods of time. Children of all ages are welcome. Excepting the wooden deck overlooking the animal watering hole; the entire house is at ground level. The wooden deck has a gate to prevent toddler access The fireplace has a wire screen and the kitchen and cleaning supplies can be made out of reach.
For more information, please contact Sarah Vigne at email@example.com.