Ol Pejeta Bush Camp
Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is a traditional, very comfortable bush camp owned-managed by Alex and Diana Hunter of Insiders Africa, and set on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River on the Conservancy.
This small bush camp offers guests the opportunity for a unique kind of safari experience in Kenya. Their Four-Night Interactive Conservation Safari gives a new insight into modern wildlife conservation. During your days with Alex & Diana, you will encounter behind-the-scenes of daily life on this working wildlife conservancy and cattle ranch. Guests are welcome to spend just one or two nights looking at some of these elements – or as long as they want – being as active, interactive, or as relaxed as they like when staying in camp.
Accommodation: Ol Pejeta Bush Camp has 6 tents with twin OR double beds, accommodating a total of 12 guests. We also have 1 family tent taking up to 4 people. The camp can be booked exclusively for a family or group of 4 or more for a small supplement per night. Further temporary tents can be added for larger groups if necessary.
Activities include Please Note: Activities including those below are all included for our non-resident package visitors. For those visitors who are resident/self-drive/non-package, the Morani Centre, Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Hippo Hide only are included; other activities are at extra cost and subject to availability):
- *NEW* Private game drives to the Northern White Rhinos - during afternoon feeding time (Booked in advance; an extra $10pp, min $30)
- *NEW* Self-drive your own vintage Landcruiser and do your own game drives (Extra cost; please enquire in camp)
- Day and night game drives
- Visits to the Morani Information Centre
- Guided visits to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Hippo Hide
- Visits to local community projects such as schools and dispensaries
- Visit the Ol Pejeta Wildlife Research & Monitoring team for a private presentation on their work
- Wildlife and livestock integration: learn about Boran and Ankole cattle on Ol Pejeta
- Radio-collared lion tracking with the Ol Pejeta predator researchers (when available)
- Elephant and general wildlife monitoring with resident rangers and researchers
- Running on the plains! For the fit, and even the not-so-very fit, take a safety car behind you and have the running experience of your life!
Guests may have the opportunity to observe special activities such as animal capture/release should they be going on during their time on the Conservancy.
For rates and reservations please visit Insiders Africa.
See what others have to say - Read the TripAdvisor Reviews on Ol Pejeta Bush Camp.