Ol Pejeta Bush Camp
Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is a traditional, very comfortable bush camp owned-managed by Alex Hunter of Insiders Africa, and set on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River on the Conservancy.
This small bush camp offers guests the opportunity for a unique kind of safari experience in Kenya. Their Four-Night Interactive Conservation Safari gives a new insight into modern wildlife conservation. During your days with Alex, you will encounter behind-the-scenes of daily life on this working wildlife conservancy and cattle ranch. Guests are welcome to spend just one or two nights looking at some of these elements – or as long as they want – being as active, interactive, or as relaxed as they like when staying in camp.
Accommodation: Ol Pejeta Bush Camp has 6 tents with twin OR double beds, accommodating a total of 12 guests. We also have 1 family tent taking up to 4 people. The camp can be booked exclusively for a family or group of 4 or more for a small supplement per night. Further temporary tents can be added for larger groups if necessary.
Activities include Please Note: Activities including those below are all included for our non-resident package visitors. For those visitors who are resident/self-drive/non-package, the Morani Centre, Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Hippo Hide only are included; other activities are at extra cost and subject to availability):
- *NEW* Private game drives to the Northern White Rhinos - during afternoon feeding time (Booked in advance at extra cost)
- *NEW* Self-drive your own vintage Landcruiser and do your own game drives (Extra cost; please enquire in camp)
- Day and night game drives
- Visits to the Morani Information Centre
- Guided visits to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Hippo Hide
- Visits to local community projects such as schools and dispensaries
- Visit the Ol Pejeta Wildlife Research & Monitoring team for a private presentation on their work
- Wildlife and livestock integration: learn about Boran and Ankole cattle on Ol Pejeta
- Radio-collared lion tracking with the Ol Pejeta predator researchers (when available)
- Elephant and general wildlife monitoring with resident rangers and researchers
- Running on the plains! For the fit, and even the not-so-very fit, take a safety car behind you and have the running experience of your life!
Guests may have the opportunity to observe special activities such as animal capture/release should they be going on during their time on the Conservancy.
For rates and reservations please visit Insiders Africa.
See what others have to say - Read the TripAdvisor Reviews on Ol Pejeta Bush Camp.