Kicheche Laikipia Camp
Kicheche Laikipia Camp is a small luxurious tented camp, nestled at the foot of indigenous forest overlooking a waterhole, in the centre of the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. Its twelve guests are hosted by Andy and Sonja Webb, an extremely knowledgeable and well-experienced management team.
Accommodation: The camp consists of six luxurious custom-designed tents, all fully insect-proof with en-suite bathrooms equipped with a dresser, flushing toilet and hot showers. The tents are set around a waterhole which is a haven for resident wildlife. A family tent is also available which sleeps up to 4 guests.
Activities: we offer a full selection of game-viewing activities including:
- Day Game Drives
- Spot Light Drives which focus on nocturnal species not seen on regular day drives. We use a red filter so as to reduce interference with animal night vision
- Interpretative Game Walks are another activity permitted on the Conservancy
- Lion Tracking. Join the conservancy's research team to monitor the lions of the area as some have been collared with transmitters. As part of the programme we are able to track the lions with a hand-held directional aerial and remit the data to the Research Centre
- Visits to the Morani Information Centre is interesting for both children and adults alike
- Visits to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary for orphaned chimps is an excellent venue to observe the two families and learn about the perils facing chimpanzees in the wild
Kicheche Laikipia Camp will close annually from 01 April - 31 May. For rates and reservations please contact Kicheche Camps.
See what others have to say - Read TripAdvisor Reviews of Kicheche Laikipia Camp.