Code of Conduct
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy Management has put in place a Code of Conduct which all visitors to the Conservancy must adhere to.
Ol Pejeta reserves the right of access and may ask anyone perceived to be causing disturbance or damage to the environment to leave the Conservancy.
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy ("Ol Pejeta") is first and foremost a wildlife reserve. As a visitor you have been given access to a delicate wildlife area, care and attention is required if damage and disturbance to the environment is to be avoided.
- Please ensure that you obtain an official receipt for any cash transactions
- If you have any problems, please contact the Ol Pejeta's Radio Room on 0723 312 673 or the Chief Executive Officer on 0722 390 007
- Please strictly observe the maximum speed limit of 40kph
- Driving “off-road” is prohibited, unless under exceptional circumstances during game drives and for management reasons (e.g., game capture) only. Driving “off-road” during the rainy season is strictly prohibited
- Walking on Ol Pejeta is prohibited, unless authorized by management and guests are guided by an armed, authorized, competent guide with appropriate knowledge of the dangers of wildlife. Ol Pejeta ranger patrols on foot are not prohibited
- Wildlife always has right of way
- Do not light fires, except those controlled by lodge staff and/or management
- Do not discard litter or cigarette butts anywhere other than at a designated bin
- Please be quiet and considerate when viewing wildlife, keep a sensible distance away and ask your driver to switch off the engine
- Please take care when visiting the blinds – there may well be wildlife very close by. An authorised Ol Pejeta guide must always be present during “blind” visits
- Never feed wildlife from your car, in the wild or at your camp/house. It will upset their diet and lead to unnecessary dependence on people and possibly eventual harm to the animal
- Please do not damage or remove any flora or fauna, including bones and plants
- No firearms, spears, bows and arrows of any kind are to be carried within the Conservancy
- Collection of firewood is prohibited, unless undertaken by Ol Pejeta staff in the designated areas only
- Report any concerns or contraventions of this code to the Ol Pejeta Radio room on 0723 312673
- Please ensure that all vehicles on game drives are back in their Camp / Hotel or out of the Conservancy by 7pm
We appreciate feedback and comments. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our Code of Conduct. If you see anything during your stay that you feel may be worth our attention please inform the Ol Pejeta Conservancy Office.
We hope you enjoy your stay on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy.