Camping on Ol Pejeta
For those of you who enjoy the outdoors, there is nothing better than escaping the hustle and bustle of everyday life and waking up to peace and tranquility. Take a break from the television and live amongst wildlife in its natural habitat. Enjoy cooking by the campfire and eating outdoors. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy offers five unique campsites which are booked exclusively:
- Hippo Hide – Situated on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River visitors to this campsite get close to nature enjoying wild scenic views. The campsite is located a few meters from the hippo hide walkway making it easy for campers to take relaxing walks along the river bank while viewing hippos in their natural habitat.
- Murera Donga - This secluded campsite surrounded by acacia trees is situated next to the marsh area in the Conservancy which due to the lush vegetation attracts wildlife throughout the year. The dense bush surrounding the camp opens into grassland and provides a great environment for a variety of wildlife species adding to the beauty of the campsite.
- Ewaso Campsite – Hidden behind bushy vegetation and acacia trees, this campsite on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River is a serene haven offering magnificent views of elephants and other wildlife species as they gather across the river for water.
- Ngobit – Situated in the wilderness area along the Ngobit River visitors to this campsite will find peace and solitude to rejuvenate the soul and enjoy wonderful game drives where only few vehicles venture.
- Olerai Campsite - Located along the Ewaso Nyiro River, Olerai has the two unique features; one being a little island that’s a perfect for a sundowner and the other an extended river ideal for fishing. It is regularly frequented by herds of elephants and impalas.
- Conservation Entry Fees: (charged per person per day) see our tariff brochure for more details
- Campsite Fee: Ksh 7,000 for up to one week (includes exclusive use, firewood, water bowser and camp toilet)
- Camping Fees: (charged per person per night):
- Adult: Ksh 1,000
- Children (3-12 years): Ksh 500
All our campsites are booked on an exclusive basis and include the provision of firewood, a water bowser and a clean camp toilet. Camping guests will be required to come with their own vehicle, all camping equipment including tents, bedding, cooking utensils and food. Daytime camp attendants (Ksh 1200 per day) and armed night guards (Kshs2800 per night) can be requested prior to arrival and will be subject to availability at time of request.
Visitors to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy have a variety of activities to choose from (some of them at additional cost):
- Game drives around the Conservancy
- Night game drives thanks to the Conservancy’s private status
- Visits to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Visits to Morani Information Centre
- Lion tracking
- And more ... to view a complete list of activities, click here
Campsites have to be booked in advance to ensure availability. Campsites are booked exclusively.
Please email email@example.com or phone +254 (0) 707 187 141 or + 254 (0) 20 203 3244.