What is Morani's Restaurant?
Morani’s is a family-run restaurant, located at the Morani Information Centre and named in memory of Ol Pejeta’s most famous ambassador.
Opened in November 2012, Morani’s was recently named on Travelstart Kenya’s ‘20 amazing places to eat in Kenya’!
Open seven days a week, 365 days of the year, we offer:
- Homemade African and Western food – including fantastic Ol Pejeta beef burgers, steaks, wraps, salads and much more
- Hot and cold drinks – Kenyan tea and coffee, freshly-prepared milkshakes and smoothies, a fully-stocked bar, cocktails and boozy milkshakes!
- A fantastic spot for a sundowner cocktail, sat on our covered verandah with views of Mt. Kenya, the Aberdare range and the Ol Pejeta plains
- Shopping! Our attached gift shop aims to promote locally-made arts and crafts
- Freshly prepared picnic hampers. Our attached gift shop aims to promote locally-made arts and crafts
From snacks to take away for the drive to Nairobi, to a plate full of steak and chips, Morani’s has something for every visitor to Ol Pejeta. Our menu and specials board offer a range of breakfasts, main meals, sundowner snacks and vegetarian options, and we will gladly cater for specific dietary requirements. Take a closer look at our menu.
Morani’s drinks menu aims to provide options no matter what time of day it is – from a morning caffeine boost to a bottle of South African sauvignon blanc to share with friends as a sundowner. How about a fresh juice, smoothie or shake to keep you cool for the rest of your safari? Or why not let our skilled and experienced bar staff shake you up a tangy Margarita? See what else we have on offer: Drinks menu & Wine list.
EVENTS AND GROUPS
Combine a game drive in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy for a birthday, function or team-building event with a meal at Morani’s. We can cater comfortably for groups of up to 40 people. Whether you’re looking for a three course lunch, a nyama choma buffet, or even a unique bush lunch at a private riverside spot, let us take care of the food and drink for you! All such events and large groups must be pre-booked – get in touch for details and to discuss your requirements.
10.30am – 6.00pm, seven days a week. Food orders taken until 5.45pm.
Check out our website or our Facebook page (or just search for Morani’s Restaurant). ‘Like’ the page to be kept up to date with what’s going on – from our deals and special offers to what’s hanging around at our waterhole! For more information, contact Alastair, the Manager, on 0706 160 114, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.