There are many ways the Livestock Department can assist our surrounding communities and the following are examples of those achieved to date:
- Ol Pejeta and the African Wildlife Foundation have recently set up a revolving fund of $350,000 to support a program entitled “Linking Livestock Markets with Wildlife Conservation”. Click here for more information.
- Marketing of their cattle: Ol Pejeta, through its abattoir, is able to offer competitive prices throughout the year
- Improvement of cattle: Ol Pejeta has good commercial bulls and females on offer to upgrade the community stock
- Ol Pejeta’s livestock personnel are on hand to offer assistance with disease problems and their control
- Ol Pejeta has provided grazing to some communities in times of drought
- Ol Pejeta has rehabilitated 3 cattle dips in the community areas and supplies the acaricides and expertise
For more information on these programmes, please contact our Livestock Manager, Giles Prettejohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.