Location & Conservation Fees
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy – a 90,000-acre private wildlife conservancy – is situated on the equator, in Kenya's Laikipia District, between the foot hills of the Aberdares and the magnificent snow-capped Mount Kenya.
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy boasts an astounding variety of animals, including the Big Five (the endangered black and white rhino , leopard, elephant, buffalo and lion), Grevy’s zebra, Jackson’s hartebeest, cheetah and chimpanzee. The combination of amazing wildlife and stunning views across the open plains of Ol Pejeta guarantees an unforgettable safari experience. As a safe and secure private sanctuary, the Ol Pejeta Conservancy can guarantee a hassle-free safari experience with amazing wildlife viewing on good all-weather roads. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy is only 3 hours drive from Nairobi and welcomes day visitors. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy’s main gate is 14 kilometers from the equator turn off, just before Nanyuki town. Visitors to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy will pay a conservation fee for each day spent inside the Conservancy which includes a visit to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary. Gates open at 7am and all vehicles must leave the Conservancy by 7pm. If you are staying at one of our five facilities, the conservation fees are usually included in your safari package. The revenues generated by visitors are used in support of our conservation and community outreach activities. We thank you for your support.
- Non residents - overnight stays Adults: USD 70. Children (3-12yrs): USD 35
- Non residents - day trips Adults: USD 75. Children (3-12yrs): USD 38
- Kenyan Residents - overnight stays Adults: KSh 2,100. Children (3-12yrs): KSh 1,100
- Kenyan Residents - day trips Adults: KSh 2,350 Children (3-12yrs): KSh 1,250
- East African Citizens - overnight stays (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda) Adults: KSh 750 Children (3-12yrs): KSh 400
- East African Citizens - day trips (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda) Adults: KSh 850 Children (3-12yrs): KSh 450
- Overseas Army Personnel - overnight stays Adults: KSh 2,100 Children (3-12yrs): KSh 1,000
- Overseas Army Personnel - day trips Adults: KSh 2,200 Children (3-12yrs): KSh 1,100
- School Groups - East African Citizens Students: KSh 175 which includes 2 free entries for teachers
- School Groups - Kenyan Residents Students: KSh 850 which includes 1 free entry for teacher
- School Groups - Non Residents Students: USD 20 which includes 2 free entries for teachers
Where possible we would appreciate advance notice of student group visits. The School Group fee is only applicable to groups accompanied by a teacher and/or letter from a recognized learning institution. Students on personally arranged holidays are not entitled to the student group rate.
- Gates are open for visitors at 7.00 am, and all vehicles must be out of the gates by 7.00 pm
- Proof of Residency is required. For East African citizens (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) a National Identity card. For non-citizen Kenya residents, a valid Passport or Alien certificate/Work permit
- Please obtain a cash-receipt for all payments made - gate entry, purchase of maps, guide etc.
Driver's Fee: please note that drivers / guides entering the Conservancy will be charged in accordance with Gate Entry Fees structure above.
- Gate Entry Fee: (Charged per person per day) as per above Gate Entry Fees structure
- Campsite Fee: (Charged once for the whole group) Ksh 5,500
- Camping Fee: (Charged per person per night)
- Adult: Ksh 800
- Children (3-12 years): Ksh 400
Vehicle Fees (per day):
- 1 - 5 seats: KSh 350
- 6-12 seats: KSh 1,100
- 13-24 seats: KSh 2,750
- 25-44 seats: KSh 4,400
- over 45 seats: KSh 8,800
For any additional information on Ol Pejeta’s conservation fees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.